Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Challenges

I love being home. I cherish the life God has me in right now.

I've had this time before. Just after I became "born again" (John 3:3). I would sit at Lord's feet and read and eat it up and soak and learn. For hours.

Right after that my husband and I moved 2 hours away from all of my dear sisters who had poured into my life, bought a grocery store, and we worked what felt like 24/7. Actually, we were open 7 days a week from 8 am to 8 pm.Yeah.

So during that time, I had no friends, no church, no sisters to hold my hand. I cried alot. We worked alot. Upheaval in our family. But also during that time, my theme song was "What a friend I have in Jesus", because He was all I knew. I asked Him one day why I couldn't get a grip on my life then. To like it, to flow in it. He said that it kept me on my knees. If everything was always great and wonderful, we would run on our little way and forget about Him.

And yes, we built a relationship with a strong foundation. No church, no Bible study, no friends. Just Him and me.

Well, now I have that time back again. Yes, I work, but it is at my discretion, when. So I can soak again. I can go to church again. I can read His Word again.

Back to reality. I just got a call from my husband. He needs me to drive a truck and trailer (with a car inside) to Denver this week. And turn right around and drive to Provo to deliver another car after that! Whew! He invaded my space! My space!

But whose space is it really? Mine? Or Lord's? When I submit (and I assure you, that I could flat out say no to my husband and it would be okay) but when I submit? It is, yes, to my husband, but really? It is to my Jesus. My Lord.

Oh, I can hear some. "You shouldn't have to do that. That may be dangerous." Yeah. I know. It can be scary. It can be a challenge driving with a trailer. (You should have seen me in Chicago!) Backing with a trailer is fun! (I'm being....well you know!)

But I am a firm believer in the verse 1 Cor.10:13. "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."

The Amplified says in the last part, "But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to a landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently."

I don't know if driving is a temptation, but the way my flesh felt at first when my husband asked me to do it was. Whoa! But I am a warrior woman. I love that verse because I believe that we haven't even tapped into the reservoir of strength that He has for us.

We can be free to step out and do the uncomfortable, the things that challenge us, because He is faithful to meet our needs. This verse is a promise. A protection. He can be trusted to not let us be pushed beyond our ability.

So, God, I must be able to do this. And more. because I am a warrior woman. I am a child of God, of the Almighty.

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Amen?!

Yes, it will be a challenge. It's not easy sometimes to fuel with a big truck and trailer. It's not easy to park! (I have stories!) It's not easy to switch lanes in Denver traffic! (I have stories!)

But can I do it? Yes. I will submit to bless my husband. Because he is busy and he needs me. And he is blessing me.

Oh wait! Did I tell you that I get paid? And that on the trip to Denver, I can stop for a few days and play with my grandsons? Ha! Oh the challenges.....

No comments: