Friday, June 1, 2007

Updates

I am writing this in Denver. The little grands are at daycare because they had a BBQ today and they didn't want to miss. (I had them all day yesterday and we had so much fun!)

The Denver air is unbelievable (except inside where I am doing the oven cleaning thing for my daughter-in-law. I fixed lasagne the last time I was here and it ran over, but that's another story!) The sun is out and it is a beautiful day! And I am all alone enjoying it immensely!

And good news. On my last post, I was going to have to do a back-to-back haul for my husband? I only have to do the one to Denver and back home.

I keep thinking about what it would have been like if I would have thrown a fit when he asked me if I could do the second phase of this haul to Provo. I didn't really want to do it, but I submitted. And believe me when I say that there definitely have been times that I have thrown a fit! But this time, this once, feels so good. Because I didn't throw a fit, but also that I am released from doing the second phase.

Funny. It almost feels like I am growing up. Like I passed a test.

There will be other tests. Of that I'm sure. Some I'll fail, whoo, I even hate to think. But others? I will rise to the challenge. And do it well.

Because the Greater One lives on the inside of me.

My memory verse (thanks dear sister/mentor!) 1 John 4:4, says, "You are of God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."

Says it all. And don't think that I am sitting her all smug because I didn't fail this time. There have been posts where I have puked it out and there will be more in the future.

But just this once, I am going to breathe this in and enjoy the Heavenly air and a victory. And look forward to more.

No comments: