Monday, May 7, 2007

Warfare Dreams

A few nights ago, I had a dream.

I was in my bed (actually it was bigger and nicer - I like this dream!) I was in my room (you guessed it - it was my room only bigger and better! God's always telling me to dream big!) I was sleeping on my right side and felt a nudge on my back waist. I rolled over, in my dream, and saw my son sitting to the side of the bed.

And then I woke up! (End of bigger bedroom!) But still felt physically the nudge on my back.

I stayed awake and prayed for him - it was about 1:30am - until I felt a release - about 2am.

And as a mom, I wondered what was going on with him. What was he struggling with. Or maybe was he witnessing to someone. Where he lives it is 5 hours difference.

This morning I got the answer. My son has stepped out to go to school for cinema and filmmaking. As a Christian. Stepping out into Satan's playground. He and a group of other students were getting together soon after that time to start a group of Christian men and women that are going into that industry, to pray - to focus on what lies ahead.

And they needed prayer cover. A mom should have known that. I was praying, but for school. 'Help his mind. Help him grow. Help him learn. Protect him."

What I really needed to do?

Get out of bed. Put on my armor like in the previous post. And fire the Word of God into the battle.

To not tiptoe around. Stand and stand firm. Yes, on my son's behalf, but speaking God's Light into that Darkness.

Running into the battle. Shields up. Shields of faith. Raising the sword up into the forces ahead.

Alongside Jesus. The great Commander. The King of Kings

No comments: