Monday, June 11, 2007

Bagels and English Muffins

The other day I was toasting a bagel and I realized that after a few days of toasting some english muffins, the timing is different for bagels. Duh!

It's so simple, really, but I asked why. The bagel is fatter than the muffin, so it is closer to the source of heat. It gets done faster.

Simple. But if I spend time closer to the source of heat - my Lord, do I get done faster too? Do I feel the heat and move into where He wants me?

But when I really think about that, that is what I have been doing for the last year. Getting closer to the fire. Letting God do whatever needs to be done in me. And I have grown faster this last year than the whole other 22 or so years that I have been a Christian.

So am I getting done faster? Is He coming sooner now? Yup!

I am getting done faster in direct relation to how close I let Him bring the fire. Make sense?

So what is the fire? By the name of my blog, you can imagine that I have been through a bit of fire, as we all have. But what I mean here is the convicting fire, when the Holy Spirit speaks to my heart and lets me know that a change is a comin'! And He uses certain situations in my life to bring about that change.

Lord, help me to be open to anything that you want to do, or bring about in my heart and life through whatever fire You choose.

No comments: