Friday, June 22, 2007

Holy Mud Wrestling

For some reason I woke up early this morning, at 5 a.m.! Not my usual time to wake up. Had a really busy day yesterday in the heat (take heat to mean all kinds - like fire - both outdoor temperature, but also spiritual temperature!) So it was unusual to wake that early.

But it was God calling. With pictures. I love it when He does that. He wakes me and then places visions and pictures in my mind. And then directs where they will go. Like when He loaded the one this morning, I knew what it was about. I love that.

The vision? I saw multitudes of people mindlessly fighting. There was a woman and I knew she was me, even though her hair was cut very short. She was hitting and slapping, like she was bored. With a 'whatever' attitude. It was like a movie in which everything is dirty and dark. There were no weapons, just people fighting, stirring up the dirt and dust, in the mud.

But I felt that it was mindless, ineffective fighting. And I realized that that is the way we fight our enemy, Satan. We have no clue as to his tactics, or his weapons, but we fight anyway. It's like a girly fight. We bring up our fists, open handed, and pummel the offender without really doing any damage.

Jesus didn't go through what He went through on the cross, for us to fight the enemy like we are. He came to earth and did what He did so that we could rally in the victory. So that we could know and do and win the battles like He did.

So how can we become effective warriors?

I believe that we need to study up on the tactics of Satan and his minions. The first place is obviously God's Word. What did Jesus do? How did He take authority? What words did He use?

We have that authority today just like He did then, because of what He did on the cross. He gave us back the keys of the Kingdom. Like He bought us the title with His Blood.

Another place to study is life. As the Holy Spirit reveals Himself in situations, He can teach us if we will let Him. No two situations are alike. That makes it less easy to put things in a box and always minister in the same way. No two people are alike. No two ministry situations are alike either. So we must listen with that spiritual ear. He will tell us. He will guide us.

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh. For our weapons of warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God, to the pulling down of strongholds." 2Cor. 10:3,4.

I don't want to wake up from what I think is some dream, or one of God's visions, and be in reality. Fighting like a girl (sorry girls, but sometimes we go there!).

I want to know that when I pray (a huge part of warfare), as I speak out words, that I am praying in faith. Like it is done. Period.

I want to know that when Holy Spirit leads me to talk to someone, that I hear His promptings. I hear His words, not mine. Because His words will hit the mark, not mine.

I want to know that when my arms are around someone in comfort, that they are His arms and it is Him leading the hug and not me.

I want to know that when I speak His Word in faith, that the heavens and earth are turning and changing according to His Word spoken through my mouth!

So, hopefully, when I get another vision from the Lord, it will be one where the saints are battling, all decked out in armor. Using the Sword of the Spirit.

I just got a picture of me again, with full, shiny armor, swinging my huge sword round about, above my head. And it hit the mark. Never returning to my Lord void again!


©BL2007

No comments: