Thursday, May 29, 2008

Heads Up, Look Alive!

Not long ago, God blessed me with a vision.

I saw myself in a neighboring town at Ruby Tuesday's restaurant. I love this place as I have eaten there several times with family.

They have a kicken' salad bar - just huge! So in the vision, I was making my way through it, putting only a bite of what I liked onto my plate (which is not normal for me!). As I looked down at the plate, there were many spaces between the bites.

Then I sat down at a booth with my husband and others I can't identify.

I had a sense of being so totally connected to the Holy Spirit - watching, waiting, and listening as I nibbled. Ready to act at a moment's notice. Just a bite and then keeping alert.

We have become sleepy, slovenly, gluttonous.

Lazy.

We'd never make the cut for Gideon's army.

I feel that the Lord is ringing a warning bell, a gong. Loudly!

We feed on too much, too much! And then we become slow. Our wits slow down and we become constipated. Complacent. Nothing comes out (if I'm getting too graphic for you, I'm sorry, but you'll have to get over it!) on the fruitful end.

Let us heed the warning. Keep alert, especially in familiar territory.

1 Peter 5:8, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

No comments: