Monday, May 5, 2008

Back to Kindergarten!

As I was driving home one evening last week, I was having an epiphany. You know how you remember the time and the place thing?

I was thinking about some people in my life and how we affect each other. And to be honest with you, I was offended. (Some that know me, might say that I get that way. God and I are working on it!) The offender is a person that I am accountable to in my life, and I always think about that Scripture that says, "Do not touch My anointed ones, And do my prophets no harm." I've always thought that this verse refered to only leaders, elders, people over us in our lives.

But God is stretching me, my understanding of the Bible and my own experiences. And He did just that when I was thinking of the verse in 1 Chron. 16:22 and Ps. 105:15.

God caused me to question Him on who really are His anointed? In 1 John 2:20, it says, "But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things." A few verses above this one, John refers to "little children". That's me! I am God's child and frankly, sometimes, I deserve to be called a child!

So...I am God's anointed...and so are the people that I am accountable to, and so are all of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

If I am to not touch (or harm) God's anointed, then that means all of His kids. All of us.

It's kind of like a catch-all rule. Everybody's anointed that are born again in Christ. So don't harm or talk against or hurt any of our brothers and sisters.

Amen?!

Copyright©Bonnie Lacy

No comments: