Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Take back the land.

Yesterday, I was having my time with the Lord, and found myself wanting to confront some things in myself with Him. Cleaning house in other words. I start most days with Him and cleaning, because when I get into "Please, this and would You that" I guess I just want to start off each day with Him, with a clean slate.

Anyway, I was thinking about Satan. How he comes to steal, kill, and destroy. He is serious about what he wants to do in each life, don't get me wrong. Dead serious.

But I think that we give him way too much credit for stuff. He can only be in one place at a time. God is omnipresent. He can be everywhere at the same time. I know, I don't get it either, but I believe it. Satan is not omnipresent. So if Satan is in Irag, he can't be in Colorado bothering you, himself.

Satan isn't omniscient. He doesn't know everything. It only feels like it. Only God knows everything.

And Satan isn't omnipotent. Only God has unlimited power.

So, how does Satan do what he does? I was asking God this, when I got a picture of the movie "The Wizard of Oz". You know at the end of the movie, where Dorothy and all are before the big head of Oz and he is thundering out his demands. While little Toto, the dog goes and pulls back a curtain revealing who was really behind the Oz.

So is Satan really in a small room, frantically pulling levers, pushing buttons on some machine to control his demons and his people? Pull that lever and out comes some fire. Push that button and zoom, a demon fires a thought.

Probably not, but I don't think he is what we think he is. He wants us to think he is huge and mean. But always remember who he has to answer to. God. Satan was only an angel, he isn't anywhere near the level of God, although he wanted to be.

Yes, we are living in Satan's playground. He owns the real estate. He even tried to tempt Jesus with it, if only Jesus would bow down to him.

Satan has demons, some of who are not chained in hell, to help him. Since he can't be everywhere at the same time, those demons must do the dirty work. They tell us lies, they try to confuse us, they use our words against us, and keep us diseased. I'm convinced that the battlefield is in the mind. (Like Joyce Meyer's book says.)

But. There it is Pastor. The but. But God sent a way. Jesus. Jesus came and lived on this earth to teach us how to live, and to take back what the devil has stolen.

And once we ask Jesus to be our Lord, and are walking with him, we have the dominion back. We don't have to listen to the lies, we don't have to be confused or sick.

The promise? One is James 4:7. "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Don't put any little buts on this. "But, Satan tells me this. But he makes me feel like a loser....." Submit yourself and all to God, resist the devil. How? How do you resist all of those credit card apps. Rip them up and throw them away! Resist.

And he will flee from you. Don't add anything, or take anything away from that verse. It stands alone.

He will flee. Take back the land.

©BL2007

No comments: