Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hide and Seek

Holy Moly.

I just got done playing with my kitten. We were playing hide and seek. Honestly.

She'd run and hide, and as I'd walk by, she'd jump out at me. And then I'd run and hide (honestly!) and as she'd show up, I'd jump out at her. And she'd jump up in the air, pretending to be scared! Hilarious!

I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

Right now anyone reading this is going, "Umm... should we call someone and intervene?".

Well, we all know how good laughter is for us and have all heard how many times a day a kid laughs, right?

Does anyone remember how good it feels on the inside to just play? To really laugh for the sheer joy of it?

Do you remember how it feels to have fun?

I know, life is really hard sometimes, but I wonder what the Father was doing while my kitten and I were playing hide and seek. Do you think He was standing there, watching, and tapping His foot and looking at His watch? Do you think He was looking on with anger, saying, "Get back to work!"?

Naw, I think He was positively delighted! Remember, He's the one that made cats.

©BL2007

No comments: