Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's Curtain Time!

On a morning a while back, my cat, Selah, woke me at 5:30am! I am a morning person, but I love my sleep, so I can be hard to wake up that early. She persisted in getting herself thrown out of the bedroom!

But I didn't go back to sleep. I think that God uses her to get me up, because he has something for me. Okay, I need to thank my cat for the waking, and not complain! Complaining is not good in God's Book! (See Num 12:1-3, 10-15, 1 Cor 10:10-11, and Phil. 2:14-15. Ouch!)

God blessed me with some visions of a different vein, but I got out of bed, then, and turned on my new soaking CD. Todd Bentley's Marianating. I had listened to a bit, since a sister blessed me with it, but not just laid on the floor, soaking in every note and every word. So that's what I did. Laid on the floor under my favorite afgan, and just let God.

With my eyes closed and feasting, God opened up the Heavens, and I saw a huge, I mean huge, curtain, going straight up from my body. It was a shimmery gold. I saw the top, but was very aware of the fact of how far it really went up. And then it dropped on me!

And a little later, (I'm not really sure how long), I saw myself sit upright. As I sat up, the curtain fell away onto my lap, and I looked around. But the picture of me that I got was like on a work of art that I am blessed to have. It is entitled "Born Again", created by Dean Kermit Allison. It is a little statue depicting the born-again experience talked about in 2 Cor. 5:17. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" It is a statue of a person, standing on some rocks, but leaning back, crying out. The upper body is clear like glass, but at the waist area, there is a peeling away of black, and the black goes on down the rest of the body/legs. And believe me I can feel the pain from the statue.

That is what I saw sitting up from under the veil. Me, but God knew I would know what it meant when He used the picture of the statue. And I heard the Holy Spirit say that "that was my spirit"!

Now some of you reading this will know about the veil. I knew a little about it too, but I learned more, as I dug into my concordance, two versions of the Bible, and other references! Fun!

Most of us know that the veil talked about in most of the Gospels is the actual curtain in the temple that was torn in two from top to bottom. (Matt. 27:51, Lk. 23:45)

But as I looked farther, I hit Heb. 6:19,20. The Message Bible can be so cool. "We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It's an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up his permanent post as high priest for us, in the order of Melchizedek."

The Amplified Bible reads "...that reaches farther and enters into [the very certainty of the Presence] within the veil,"

About half way through the above study, I stopped and said to God, "You dropped it on me, Lord!"

After looking up Heb. 9:3, "But [inside] beyond the second curtain or veil, [there stood another] tabernacle known as the Holy of Holies." And I heard Jesus say, "That's where you've been!"

And one last verse. Heb. 10:20. In the Life in the Spirit Bible (NKJV) it says, "By a new and living way, which he has consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;"

His flesh. His presence. His Holy Presence.

If we are willing, if we want it. No. If we need it, have to have it, He just wants to drop His Presence on us. To cover us with His Presence.

It's time to spend time with the Author of the Book. This is a curtain call!

©BL2008

No comments: