Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Feeling blue

My son left today for another step in his life. He has been down some roads that a mom would not wish, but God is definitely using them for His Glory now.

But I am feeling blue. I am staying busy, and inspired, but blue.

I started thinking about where on earth did 'feeling blue' come from.

Not feeling purple. Not feeling green. (Green with envy! Is that another blog?!)

Okay, I am putting out a plea. I have looked online for awhile and haven't come up with any folklore, or why we say we are blue, when depressed or down-in-the dumps. (Okay, there is another metaphor! Where does it come from?!)

Really. Where does it come from? When we lack oxygen, we turn blue. Is that a clue?

Readers, if you are out there, let me know what you find!

No comments: